The Reach

Dear John,
It has been 8 years since we've met and I must confess as I'm usually honest, I doubt it we'll remember each other.

So, where will I start? I must say it has been a very strange year for me, though I grew a lot. I have realized that it is more than possible to expect from yourself the unimaginable. And of course, it is always good to dream, though I think it's important to be careful, and still keep in touch with reality, as you say, of course (smile).

We have experienced a few very difficult winters here, on our little, dark, boring mountain. I am glad I will be away for the summer, there, on your island I will be able to finish my reads and absorb the sun. Oh. The sun, the eternal, everlasting sun. I miss it so much.

You have probably heard the great return of Jeffery, yes, I know, that is strange, after all, he should have stayed in Germany AT LEAST until the end of the year, finish it with respect. I find myself getting myself so angry at him! It has been this way, well, for a very long time I suppose,

I must confess I surly look forward for your visit again. I hope to take you again to my grandpa' old farm, visit the horses and the eggplant field. I don't know how to explain but I have strong memories from long ago, eight summers ago, which now Summers have turned to be a warm sweet memory, for sure. Who's controlling the earth and the sky? The weather? 

I shall end it now, for it's getting late, I'll write soon, I promise. With sunrise I shall send this letter and hopefully you'll be able to receive it as soon as possible,

Your truly,
Sylvia.

 (All rights reserved to Keren Ginossar) 

תגובות